Are you looking for a cheap way to get a great rug? Let’s face it – who isn’t?! Here’s how to do it in10 easy steps!
- Buy a plain rug – lighter is better.
- Buy a color of Rit dye that goes with your decor.
- Pick a pattern that you love – simpler is better.
- Tape off the pattern on the rug – or use a stencil.
- Mix some of the lovely Rit in a spray bottle with some water – test out the color on a rag to make sure it is the color you want.
- Spray the Rit on the pattern.
- Dab with rags to get off the excess.
- Clean up any mistakes with a little bleach.
- Let dry.
- When your friends ask you where you got your fab rug, smile coyly and tell them it is a one of a kind custom.
I won’t tell if you don’t!